No doubt about it, it’s a big step to decide on going with a geothermal heating and cooling system for your home. But it is a step up. And many Hattiesburg homeowners will attest to that – particularly those who sought out BC's Heating and Air for their geothermal system installation. If you’re still trying to wrap your head around it, not quite ready to decide, give these geothermal facts a whirl:
- Modern geothermal technology is a proven technology that’s been put to the test – and acing it! – for upwards of 50 years.
- Right now, there are well over one million commercial and residential geothermal heating and cooling installations here in the United States alone.
- Consumer happiness with geothermal heating and cooling is high, with owners ranking the comfort, ease of use, and energy savings their geothermal systems furnish higher than that of any other system they’ve had.
- A U.S. Environmental Protection Agency study discloses that geothermal systems have the lowest life-cycle costs of any other heating and cooling system now sold.
- Maintenance spending is notably lower with geothermal than with conventional central HVAC systems mainly because geothermal systems have very few moving machine parts and need very little maintenance to begin with.
- Geothermal heating and cooling systems normally will continue working for a solid 30 to 50 years, whereas conventional HVAC systems generally need repair or replacement after 15 years.
- Comparing the cost of local utilities and fossil fuel to the cost of running a geothermal heating and cooling system reveals that Hattiesburg owners of geothermal systems normally see a reduction in their energy bills ranging anywhere from 30 to 70 percent!
- Geothermal heating and cooling systems are far more environmentally accommodating than any fossil fuel system, producing, by comparison, roughly one pound less of CO2 for each hour of use.
If these fast facts have made a geothermal heating and cooling system look more attractive to you, get hold of BC's Heating and Air, the Hattiesburg geothermal specialists, today. There’s so much more we can tell you to set your mind at ease. And when you’re ready to take the plunge, we’ve got just the geothermal heating and cooling system that’s meant for your home.